A gathering place for PWS owners to learn about setup, installation and maintenance. Regular features of owners doing cool things with their PWS data!
By: Kari Strenfel , 9:54 PM GMT on August 04, 2014
Hi PWS Owners!
Has your station reported bad data and now your summary table is out of whack? Bad data can result from many things:
1) When setting up your station's data communication, and you and your station are indoors with your compute nearby, it will report the indoor temperature for outdoor temperature.
2) When mounting your station on the roof, a fencepost, or on a pole in the backyard, you may tip the rain bucket sensor (registering 0.01 inches of rain every time it clicks or tips!),
3) Cleaning out the rain bucket with water. It needs to be done but it is reporting erroneous rainfall data.
4) Moving your station to direct sunlight with a poor radiation shield can report significantly warmer temperatures than nearby stations.
5) Mounting your station near an attic vent will also report warmer temperatures.
In all of these cases (and many more) you should go into your station's PWS Dashboard or history page and delete this bad data. Otherwise, it will be reflected in your summary table and skew your data. You can access your PWS data here:
My Weather Stations
You can edit your station data if you are logged into wunderground.com. Go to your PWS dashboard page (or history page) and select the date you are interested in. Switch to the "Tables" view and there will be a blue edit button above the table of data. The great feature of our new PWS Dashboard is you can delete multiple data points at once by holding down the control key while clicking. Try it and let me know how you like it!
While many of you know about this feature and use it, we want to make sure everyone feels comfortable editing their data. Also, we have launched a new edit feature to the PWS Dashboard. You can now edit your UV and Solar Radiation data. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems deleting bad PWS data. And as always, let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding your PWS or your PWS Dashboard.
Comments will take a few seconds to appear.