wind damage.

By: NEwxguy , 1:48 PM GMT on October 08, 2009

After yesterday's hvy rain and strong winds,there were lots of reports of damage,but most it minor.Certainly rearranged my furniture on my deck(not to my liking),but nothing damaged.
Winds have subsided somewhat,but still breezy,but tempatures are not too bad,and as the wind dies down today,this afternoon should be pretty nice.
Another round of showers later tomorrow and tomorrow night,but weekend right now is looking nice.Still uncertain what is going to happen next week with a possible coastal storm.
Life is ok,my wife is doing ok,not feeling great,but managing the side effects from the treatments.I've been dealing with some nagging car problems,but need to get this car through the winter and probably look for a new car in the spring.
We also received some bad news from close friends in Rhode Island,a woman who is a childhood friend of my wifes and has stayed very close through the years,has been diagnosed with cancer,not sure of the extent,but it may involve the ovaries.This really stuns us,coming at the same time as my wife is battling hers,but abviously the two of them will give each other support through all this.
I'm wondering when the good news will start showing up in life.Must be some coming down the road somewhere.Anyway,with all that said one just keeps pushing ahead,giving up is not an option,that's the way I approach life.

11. masshysteria
9:14 PM GMT on October 08, 2009
Glad the Ultram is working and the video made you smile. Since that original commercial was made, I've had that jingle stuck in my head for years. Talk about brainwashing! LOL!

GO RED SOX!!

10. NEwxguy
8:46 PM GMT on October 08, 2009
wow,mass theres an oldie but goodie,actuall I took an ultram and feeling a lot better.
9. masshysteria
8:30 PM GMT on October 08, 2009
8. Zachary Labe
7:23 PM GMT on October 08, 2009
Wind damage across Pennsylvania... Link.
7. NEwxguy
6:12 PM GMT on October 08, 2009
This too shall pass,but thanks for the good wishes and the soup.
6. EmmyRose
6:06 PM GMT on October 08, 2009
5. masshysteria
6:05 PM GMT on October 08, 2009
Hi Newx!

Saw on Emmy's blog that you're not feeling up to par today. Hopefully, you, too, can get some much needed rest and ...

BEST WISHES!
4. NEwxguy
4:10 PM GMT on October 08, 2009
Partly Cloudy

61 °F
(16 °C) Humidity: 48 %
Wind Speed: NW 16 G 28 MPH
Barometer: 29.94" (1015.0 mb)
Dewpoint: 41 °F (5 °C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi

Still pretty windy out there
3. NEwxguy
2:33 PM GMT on October 08, 2009
Thanks,DH,words of encouragment are always welcome.I'm always looking for ways to release stress.I've taken up guitar lessons,and being in New England love to study the weather and the changes it goes through,and certainly with winter approaching,its gets more interesting,sports in our area is certainly a bright sport for all our major sports teams.Red Sox start their world series run tonight.
2. DHaupt
2:23 PM GMT on October 08, 2009
Like the old Morton Salt canister says: "When it rains, it pours". Sorry to hear about your wife and her friend.

Take photos of anything and everything. It's the best release from stress that I know of. As for good news, I think you have to make that for yourself. For myself, I almost never watch TV anymore — that really helps. "The Media" these days are dedicated to banging your cage 24/7. I turn them off. Instead, I go out to the local airport and watch planes and birds (it's adjacent to a beautiful golf course with lots of trees).

I really have no idea why I do this. I physically couldn't get into a small plane and healthwise could never qualify for a pilot's license. When I get home, I look the planes up on FlightAware so see where they are off to.

But, somehow, it's relaxing, a precious commodity these days. Hang in there.
1. NEwxguy
1:58 PM GMT on October 08, 2009

NEwxguy's WunderBlog

About NEwxguy

This blog is for anyone about anything,as long as you are respectful to others.Weather will be the theme,but topics of interest will show up.