25 years!!!

By: NEwxguy , 1:47 PM GMT on September 14, 2010

Important day for me and my wife,25 yrs ago today,we said our vows.I look back on the years,and there are a lot of good times,but the last 15 have been some very tough times.Its been anything but enjoyable watching my wife battle through three occurences of cancer.I have a sense of awe in someone who can battle through cancer and the horrible treatments,but to do it 3 times,seems overwhelming.
I have the highest degree of admiration for those who have battled this awful disease.During her treatments,I met people of all ages,kids to seniors and all of them did with the utmost courage and very little complaining.With all my aches and pains,I never complain now,I think of what my wife has gone through over the past 15 or so years,and my ailments are minor.
We have Hurr. Igor still a powerful Cat 4,still moving more or less WNW,but expected to start turning NW very soon.
Bermuda definitely is in danger.The East coast should be safe. Hurr. Julia,not far behind should curve out to sea harmlessly.92L is trying gather strength,but is running out of time.
Thunderstorms rumbled through around 7 p.m. last night.Thunder is not common for us in September.A couple areas experienced some heavy hail storms.Today should be nice with some falllike temps tonight and tomorrow.

11. NEwxguy
6:58 PM GMT on September 14, 2010
Partly Cloudy

71 °F
(22 °C) Humidity: 55 %
Wind Speed: NW 10 G 20 MPH
Barometer: 29.81" (1010.7 mb)
Dewpoint: 54 °F (12 °C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.
10. NEwxguy
6:42 PM GMT on September 14, 2010
Thank you, Mass,how appropriate that you pick those sayings from Days of Our Lives,which is my wifes favourite soap,she watches it everyday for years.
9. masshysteria
5:17 PM GMT on September 14, 2010
Hi NEw!!

So glad to hear that you and your wonderfully inspirational wife had an enjoyable time celebrating while in Las Vegas!!

Time certainly has a way of slipping by us while facing life's uncertain and sometimes rugged road. Glad that the two of you recognized long ago what it takes to make it through those trials and tribulations together. We certainly hope that the two of you will have nothing but much better times ahead, and get to celebrate many more significant anniversaries/occasions as well!

Best wishes always, good buddy, to you and yours!!

8. NEwxguy
5:15 PM GMT on September 14, 2010
Thank you,Jus,something about a rose.

Parsley,gee,I don't know what to say,but doesn't sound like you are in a very good situation.Hope you can get out of it,no one deserves to be in a relationship like that.Here's hoping you find some happiness.
My wife and I do have a strong marriage,not perfect,but it works,and we do love each other.
7. juslivn
4:31 PM GMT on September 14, 2010
Photobucket
6. parsleysage
3:25 PM GMT on September 14, 2010
Kudos.
What else can i say-?
My dh has given up on me and i don't even have cancer. There is nothing to redeem me. Nothing left that is good in me. It's really nice to see something that lasted and you still speaking well of her. Ive resorted to being gone all the time due to i make a mistake everytime I even lokk at him im doing it wrong- blinking or not blinking- or talking too much and he stops me- or he complains im not social anymore-? I don't know what to do. Everything is wrong. Please, if you see anything at all of worth in your SO, geez, for the love of God, please mention it to them. It just might make them feel like it's ok to be alive and their day a little less full of regret & sorrow. Does anybody have time for that? Im gonna start w you, anonymous readers...thanks for the pics you put up- sometimes the only warmth i ve had all day.And especially Domo! To the DH thanks for eating some of the food i make.
5. NEwxguy
2:17 PM GMT on September 14, 2010
Partly Cloudy

63 °F
(17 °C) Humidity: 87 %
Wind Speed: SW 6 MPH
Barometer: 29.87" (1012.6 mb)
Dewpoint: 59 °F (15 °C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi
4. NEwxguy
1:58 PM GMT on September 14, 2010
Thanks,Alley and EM.
Alley,I don't think anyone has not had or know someone who has been touched by this disease.

EM,aw go ahead and joke,I said on your blog,its been a quick 25 years,but married to me,its probably seems like its been a long sentence!!!
3. EmmyRose
1:55 PM GMT on September 14, 2010
Wow 25 years I could make a joke about prison
sentences but I will show some class and
tell you that I wish you and your lovely wife
MORE years of JOY and HAPPINESS....

My son had cancer. Worse years of my life.
Its an insidious disease that metathesizes
thru the family...God bless YOU and YOUR WIFE
I hold her up in PRAYER and LIGHT.

Glad you aren't going to Bermuda....
really worry for that island.
2. Alleyoops
1:55 PM GMT on September 14, 2010
Good morning NEW and Happy Anniversary to you and your lovely wife. Yes Cancer is devastating when it hits close to home for both the patient and the family. I have experienced it with too many of my family losing both parents to it, many paternal and maternal aunts, uncles and cousins including my maternal grandmother. Both my sister and I have to watch closely. I fully understand how you feel. It just makes you cherish the years together more.

Have a wonderful day dear one. Clear cooler temps are headed your way as we are starting to feel their effects now. HUGS to you both.
1. NEwxguy
1:49 PM GMT on September 14, 2010

NEwxguy's WunderBlog

About NEwxguy

This blog is for anyone about anything,as long as you are respectful to others.Weather will be the theme,but topics of interest will show up.