Am I weird for thinking emotions are weird?

By: KoritheMan , 3:19 AM GMT on April 08, 2014

Like beyond the typical "Love ya, bro" type deal, I find emotions in general to be... disturbingly awkward. I previously perceived my feelings about this topic to be because I used to feel that emotions were showing weakness. I do not feel that is the case now, but for some reason I still find myself having trouble getting behind it. Maybe you guys can relate, maybe you can't.

I don't even think I'm seeking advice; I'm just posting this because I want to. Some of you that don't know me particularly well may feel that I come off as abrasive, nonchalant, and generally non-emotional. I strive to do this. I don't like being any other way. Again, I find emotions to be awkward. I don't know why, but they make me uncomfortable. Possibly something about them being cliche or something. I dunno. :P

Feel free to leave thoughts and/or comments, guys. I love you all*.

*sigh

38. BaltimoreBrian
5:18 AM GMT on April 11, 2014
What does 1/4 added to 2/3 = ? Want to figure it out together?
37. KoritheMan
5:15 AM GMT on April 11, 2014

Quoting 34. wxgeek723:

What is the derivative of cos(ln((6x^4))^2)?

;-)

You...you like GT?

This friendship cannot continue.
I said I liked Goten.
36. KoritheMan
5:14 AM GMT on April 11, 2014

Quoting 29. DataPilot:

The most I can do is demonstrate and apply empathy. I hope that's good enough.
5:12 AM GMT on April 11, 2014
KoritheMan has created a new entry.
34. wxgeek723
3:06 AM GMT on April 11, 2014
Quoting 26. nonblanche:

5/34.

And I actually suck at math. I just got lucky.

What is the derivative of cos(ln((6x^4))^2)?

;-)

Quoting 12. KoritheMan:

I have tons of anime crushes. Otanashi is from Angel Beats, which I watched not too long ago. Blake Shepard is his voice actor, who is also fairly cute and has a distinct sexy voice.

I have tons of anime crushes, actually. Son Goten from Dragon Ball Z/GT, Ritchie from Pokemon, Yahiko from Rurouni Kenshin, Kirito from Sword Art Online. Just to name a few.

If you don't watch anime, this'll fall on deaf ears. But you can't say I didn't try.

You...you like GT?

This friendship cannot continue.
33. trHUrrIXC5MMX
2:57 AM GMT on April 11, 2014
Happy B-day Kori... in 1hr advance
32. Patrap
2:55 AM GMT on April 11, 2014
Happy Birthday,

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeek'

31. BaltimoreBrian
2:48 AM GMT on April 11, 2014
Scroll that mentions Jesus's wife is ancient: scientists
30. Astrometeor
9:12 PM GMT on April 10, 2014
Quoting 28. nonblanche:

He's smart though. I am, in all seriousness, something of a math cripple. Like I said, I just got lucky.

(I blame lead exposure in my first year. I was reading college level by 4th grade, but it took me until 11th grade to memorize the multiplication tables.)

No, the reason I asked posted the addition problem was specifically because Kori is currently learning fractions. He's smart and has a great vocabulary and can reason like no other...but his math education is virtually nonexistent.
29. DataPilot
8:21 PM GMT on April 10, 2014

Nope. You strike me as a person who feels most comfortable with logic, and therefore tries to ignore the emotional aspect of his being. Been there, done that. Unfortunately, your mind doesn't work that way, whether you want it to or not.

Emotions make no "sense". They're not logical, they're simply there. Sometimes they lubricate social encounters, other times they get in the way. Sometimes, they're like having a coccyx (tail bone), providing no real function aside from being something that can get broken and hurt. But they're a part of you, whether you want them or not, and if you try to put a stopper on them, they'll come back and bite you in ways that you don't expect.

You said that you're not asking for advice, but I'll give you some anyway. From one logic-loving, emotion-stuffing person to another - learn to accept your emotions, and to demonstrate them in socially-acceptable ways. Whether it feels comfortable or not.
28. nonblanche
5:57 AM GMT on April 10, 2014
Quoting 27. BaltimoreBrian:
Awww shoulda let Kori work it out. I emailed him a hint, he would have gotten it :)

27. BaltimoreBrian
5:54 AM GMT on April 10, 2014
26. nonblanche
5:51 AM GMT on April 10, 2014
Quoting 24. Astrometeor:

what is 1/17 plus 3/34?

5/34.

And I actually suck at math. I just got lucky.
25. KoritheMan
5:45 AM GMT on April 10, 2014

Quoting 24. Astrometeor:

what is 1/17 plus 3/34?
oh my god I wouldn't be able to figure that out without a lot of thinking. :P
24. Astrometeor
5:23 AM GMT on April 10, 2014
Quoting 20. KoritheMan:

Hey, I've gotten better! :)

what is 1/17 plus 3/34?
23. BaltimoreBrian
5:06 AM GMT on April 10, 2014
A sample from Cody's most recent math test ;)

22. BaltimoreBrian
5:05 AM GMT on April 10, 2014
A sample from Kori's most recent Spanish test ;)

21. KoritheMan
5:04 AM GMT on April 10, 2014
Also, check your email, Brian. Please.
20. KoritheMan
5:04 AM GMT on April 10, 2014

Quoting 19. BaltimoreBrian:
A sample from Kori's most recent math test ;)

Hey, I've gotten better! :)
19. BaltimoreBrian
5:00 AM GMT on April 10, 2014
A sample from Kori's most recent math test ;)

18. KoritheMan
4:59 AM GMT on April 10, 2014

Quoting 17. BaltimoreBrian:
Samples of Kori's most recent test in English composition ;)

LOL
17. BaltimoreBrian
4:58 AM GMT on April 10, 2014
Samples of Kori's most recent test in English composition ;)

16. Astrometeor
5:13 AM GMT on April 08, 2014
To answer your title, yes, you are weird, but you're not the first to question emotions.
15. Astrometeor
5:06 AM GMT on April 08, 2014
Kori, check your e-mail.
14. trHUrrIXC5MMX
3:57 AM GMT on April 08, 2014
Quoting 10. Astrometeor:

Don't worry, I have gmail open and I can see a change as it happens letting me know there's a new file in my inbox.

I have gmail but I barely use it.lol that's like my incognito inbox.., heh heh
13. trHUrrIXC5MMX
3:52 AM GMT on April 08, 2014
Dragon ball Z/GT... I loved it back in the day when I was first watching it.
Funny majin buu.

I watch some from time to time... Mostly in Spanish.
Love the voices they have.
12. KoritheMan
3:48 AM GMT on April 08, 2014

Quoting 11. trHUrrIXC5MMX:
What's up with your avatar? You look like Washi changing it as the sun/rain/sun/rain.

You find them sexy? That's odd today about a cartoonish personality.

11. trHUrrIXC5MMX
3:46 AM GMT on April 08, 2014

You find them sexy? That's odd to say about a cartoonish personality.
10. Astrometeor
3:42 AM GMT on April 08, 2014
Quoting 9. trHUrrIXC5MMX:
Check email Astro...
We have some stuff pending discussion.

9. trHUrrIXC5MMX
3:38 AM GMT on April 08, 2014
Check email Astro...
We have some stuff pending discussion.
8. KoritheMan
3:34 AM GMT on April 08, 2014
I told you I loved you when we ceased last night's conversation, Nathan*. I meant it, but that's about as far as I'm willing to go. Anything else is awkward to me.

*I clearly meant love in the platonic sense, if any passerby felt the need to question that.
7. KoritheMan
3:33 AM GMT on April 08, 2014

Quoting 5. trHUrrIXC5MMX:
I think kori just jumps off without even taking the parachute.
What ever comes comes is it?
Correct.
6. KoritheMan
3:33 AM GMT on April 08, 2014

Quoting 4. Astrometeor:
Just waiting for Kori to fall in true love with someone. We'll see how long his aversion "to overly used phrases that are hardly unique" stays true.
I don't delete my blogs anymore, so you can use this blog to prove me wrong if it does happen.

Because if it does happen, I'll enunciate it here.
5. trHUrrIXC5MMX
3:31 AM GMT on April 08, 2014
I think kori just jumps off without even taking the parachute.
What ever comes comes is it?
4. Astrometeor
3:31 AM GMT on April 08, 2014
3. KoritheMan
3:28 AM GMT on April 08, 2014
It seems considerably less awkward to let my actions dictate my emotional connection to a person. Not overly used phrases that are hardly unique.
2. KoritheMan
3:28 AM GMT on April 08, 2014

Quoting 1. Astrometeor:
How can emotions be cliche?
Bad wording. I meant that the consequences of emotional stimuli can be cliche. i.e. "I love you so much baby girl <3 <3 <3" Eww.

Quoting 1. Astrometeor:

I did find out what I'm comfortable with. Rampant emotion is not one of those things.
1. Astrometeor
3:24 AM GMT on April 08, 2014
How can emotions be cliche? They are natural reflexes to perceived outside stimuli. Sure they can be awkward, but that's just a fact of life. Learning to adapt to what they tell you is an important aspect of becoming more mature and finding out what you are comfortable with.

Edit: First post!!!

KoritheMan's WunderBlog

About KoritheMan

Basement-dwelling pseudo-otaku with a thrill for forecasting on the side.

Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy

KoritheMan's Recent Photos

Me
Hurricane Dennis making landfall.
SSJ2 Gohan