Category 6 has moved! See the latest from Dr. Jeff Masters and Bob Henson here.
Nice, warm day ahead; Rain returns tomorrow into the weekend
Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 53 and it feels like 53. Highs will continue to range between 64 and 73 with lows between 40 and 56. There is a 40% chance of PM showers tomorrow, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, a slight chance of rain on Friday, a 50% chance of PM showers on Saturday, a 60% chance of AM showers on Sunday, a slight chance of rain next Monday, a 40% chance of PM showers next Tuesday, and a slight chance of rain next Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 54 and it feels like 54. Todays high is 79 with a low of 50. Wednesdays high is 62 with a 60% chance of PM rain.
Now, for your Severe/Winter Weather Update for the Southeast Region. There could be a threat of severe weather around March 29th-30th, and between April 1st-10th.
Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1) Marginal Risk of severe weather for tomorrow from a portion of Eastern Texas into the Lower MS Valley. Main threat will be for strong, damaging wind gusts.
Now, for your tropical update. In the Western Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Bavi has winds of 40mph, gusting to 50mph, with a pressure of 998mbars. Movement is West at 11mph. Is expected to weaken to a tropical depression over the next day or two. It is likely that Bavi dissipates before it reaches the Philippines, but however, its remnants could bring rains/gusty winds to the Philippines late this week into the weekend. In the North Indian Ocean, no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), (#1) Tropical Cyclone Nathan has winds of 50mph, gusting to 65mph, with a pressure of 995mbars. Movement is South-Southwest at 2mph. Is expected to reintensify into a category 1 cyclone by late Wednesday/early Thursday, and impact Northern part of Queensland, Australia by late Thursday into Friday. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next five days.
Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless! I am featured in Author Kim Cross's book, What Stands In A Storm. She is having a book signing today at 5pm at Lemuria Books in Jackson, MS. You can check out her website at kimhcross.com
The views of the author are his/her own and do not necessarily represent the position of The Weather Company or its parent, IBM.