Raymond a hurricane again, Significant severe weather threat late week

By: JohnnyParker , 11:36 AM GMT on October 28, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 57 and it feels like 57. Highs will continue to range between 65 and 80 with lows between 40 and 61. There is a 30% chance of AM showers today, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Thursday, and a slight chance of rain on Friday. Significant severe weather/tornado outbreak is possible late week. Threats will be for large hail, damaging winds (potentially widespread), tornadoes (a few of which could be strong), heavy rainfall of 1-3 inches, and flash flooding. Dr. Greg Forbes, the severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving North MS a 2-3 on TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) for Thursday. This means that there is a 20-30% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 59 and it feels like 59. Todays high is 73 with a low of 56. Tuesdays high is 77 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe/winter weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around November 5th-8th, and around the 10th-12th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, Hurricane Raymond has winds of 100mph with a pressure of 975mbars. Movement is North at 8mph. Is not a threat to land and is expected to begin weakening in next day or two. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, an area of low pressure could form several hundred miles Southwest of the Coast of Mexico in a few days. Environmental conditions are expected to be marginally conducive for some development later this week while the disturbance moves West-Northwestward or Northwestward at 5 to 10mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

The views of the author are his/her own and do not necessarily represent the position of The Weather Company or its parent, IBM.

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

Log In or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
11:08 AM GMT on October 29, 2013
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page
Ad Blocker Enabled

JohnnyParker's Blog

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 22. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.

Local Weather

Mostly Cloudy
65 °F
Mostly Cloudy

Recommended Links