Rain today into Thursday, Tropical Depression Priscilla weak

By: JohnnyParker , 11:03 AM GMT on October 16, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Highs will continue to range between 62 and 76 with lows between 41 and 57. There is a 60% chance of rain today, a 60% chance of AM showers tomorrow, and a 40% chance of showers on Saturday. Rainfall amounts of 1-3 inches are expected with isolated amounts of 3+, and flash flooding being the main threats. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 68 and it feels like 68. Todays high is 67 and a low of 56 with a 70% chance of rain. Thursdays high is 72 with a 50% chance of AM showers.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around October 22nd-31st.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a large area of disturbed weather that extends from the Southeastern Bahamas Northeastward for several hundred miles over the Western Atlantic Ocean is associated with an upper-level trough. An area of low pressure is expected to form Southeast of Bermuda during the next day or so and move Northward and Northeastward near or along a frontal boundary over the West-Central Atlantic. Environmental conditions are expected to be only marginally favorable for tropical cyclone formation. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Priscilla should dissipate within the next day or two. Winds are at 35mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 7mph. Is not a threat to any landmasses.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

The views of the author are his/her own and do not necessarily represent the position of The Weather Company or its parent, IBM.

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

Log In or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot
11:23 AM GMT on October 17, 2013
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.
Member Since: December 31, 1969 Posts: Comments:

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page
Ad Blocker Enabled

JohnnyParker's Blog

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 22. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.

Local Weather

Scattered Clouds
54 °F
Scattered Clouds

Recommended Links