I am Johnny Parker and I am 22. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.
By: JohnnyParker , 11:34 AM GMT on September 18, 2013
Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 76 and 92 with lows between 57 and 66. There is a slight chance of rain today, a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Todays high is 90 and a low of 66 with a slight chance of rain. Thursdays high is 91 with a slight chance of rain.
Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around September 22nd-October 3rd.
Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, Tropical Storm Humberto is expected to head up into the North Atlantic and dissipate by Saturday. Winds are at 40mph with a pressure of 1007mbars. Movement is North-Northwest at 8mph. Is not expected to become a hurricane and is not a threat to land. Also, in the Atlantic, satellite images and radar data from Mexico indicate that cloudiness and showers have become more concentrated near the center of an area of low pressure located over the Yucatan Peninsula. The low is forecast to move West-Northwestward and emerge over the Bay of Campeche later today where environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for the formation of a tropical depression over the next day or two. Conditions should remain conducive for additional development through the weekend while the low meanders over the Southwestern Gulf of Mexico. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a high chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a high chance, 80%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Regardless of tropical cyclone formation, this disturbance will likely spread heavy rains over portions of Eastern Mexico and could cause life-threatening floods and mudslides over areas already impacted by torrential rains during the past few days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Manuel redeveloped yesterday afternoon. Winds are at 35mph with a pressure of 1002mbars. Movement is Northwest at 5mph. Is expected to regain tropical storm intensity by late today and impact the Southern Baja California Peninsula by late Thursday night. A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect from Altata, Mexico down to Mazatlan, Mexico, and from San Evaristo down to Cabo San Lucas on the Baja California Peninsula.
Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.
Comments will take a few seconds to appear.