I am Johnny Parker and I am 22. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.
By: JohnnyParker , 11:48 AM GMT on August 06, 2013
Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 95 with lows between 67 and 75. There is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, and a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Thursday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. Todays high is 91 and a low of 75 with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Wednesdays high is 97 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.
Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 12th-21st.
Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet. In the Central Pacific, Tropical Storm Gil has intensified. Winds are at 40mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is West at 9mph. Gil could intensify further as it heads South of Hawaii. Is not a threat to land. In the Eastern Pacific, we have Hurricane Henriette. Winds are at 75mph with a pressure of 991mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 10mph. Is expected to intensify further over the next few days. May be a threat to Hawaii.
Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another update tomorrow morning.
The views of the author are his/her own and do not necessarily represent the position of The Weather Company or its parent, IBM.
Comments will take a few seconds to appear.