I am Johnny Parker and I am 22. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.
By: JohnnyParker , 11:30 AM GMT on August 02, 2013
Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 65 and it feels like 65. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 93 with lows between 67 and 74. There is a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, and a slight chance of rain on Sunday. Some storms could be strong to severe from Saturday through next Sunday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Todays high is 93 with a low of 71. Saturdays high is 93 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.
Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 5th-17th.
Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a nearly stationary trough of low pressure, the remnants of Dorian, are located about midway between Southeastern Florida and Andros Island in the Northwestern Bahamas. Associated thunderstorm activity is beginning to show some signs of organization in radar and satellite imagery and gradual development of this system is possible before upper-level winds become unfavorable over the weekend. This disturbance is forecast to move slowly toward the Northwest and North bringing cloudiness, showers, and gusty winds to portions of the Northwestern Bahamas and the coastal waters of Southeastern Florida today and Saturday. After that, the disturbance is expected to move toward the North-Northeast and become associated with a frontal trough offshore of the Eastern United States. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours and a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, Hurricane Gil has intensified some. Winds are at 85mph with a pressure of 985mbars. Movement is West at 13mph. Gil is expected intensify over the next few days, and then begin to weaken. Is not a threat to land. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, a weak area of low pressure, located about 850 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula, is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are expected to be marginally conducive for development while the disturbance moves Westward at 10-15mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, showers and thunderstorms are disorganized in association with a trough of low pressure located about 1350 miles East-Southeast of the Hawaiian Islands. Slow development of this system is possible during the next several days as it moves Westward at about 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.
Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Sunday.
The views of the author are his/her own and do not necessarily represent the position of The Weather Company or its parent, IBM.
Comments will take a few seconds to appear.