I am Johnny Parker and I am 22. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.
By: JohnnyParker , 11:22 AM GMT on June 15, 2013
Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 60 and it feels like 60. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 92 with lows between 67 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain today, a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday. Some storms could be strong to severe tomorrow through next Monday. Main threats will be for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out on Monday. Dr. Greg Forbes, severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving Northwest MS a 2-3 on TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index). This means that there is a 20-30% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 62 and it feels like 62. Todays high is 92 with a low of 71. Sundays high is 91 with a slight chance of rain.
Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around the 21st-30th.
Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic and Eastern Pacific, no development is expected over the next couple of days.
Hope yall are having a great Saturday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.
The views of the author are his/her own and do not necessarily represent the position of The Weather Company or its parent, IBM.
Comments will take a few seconds to appear.