Heavy rain/severe weather threat today, 2nd Anniversary of April 27th, 2011

By: JohnnyParker , 10:52 AM GMT on April 27, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 60 and it feels like 60. Highs will continue to range between 63 and 83 with lows between 43 and 62. There is a 50% chance of thundershowers today, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow. Some storms could be strong to severe late tonight into tomorrow. Main threats will be for golf-ball size hail, damaging winds up to 60mph, few tornadoes, heavy rain of 2-3 inches with locally 3+ inches, and flash flooding. Dr. Greg Forbes, the severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving North MS a 3 on TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) for tomorrow. This means that there is a 30% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 59 and it feels like 59. Todays high is 79 and a low of 62 with a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Sundays high is 73 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. There could be severe weather potential around May 1st-2nd, around May 5th-9th, and around 10th-12th.

Today marks the 2nd Anniversary of the deadly outbreak that occurred on April 27th, 2011. I hope to post something on this later today.

Hope yall are having a great Saturday and I'll have another update tomorrow morning.

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

Log In or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
2:41 PM GMT on April 27, 2013
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page
Ad Blocker Enabled

JohnnyParker's Blog

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 22. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.

Recommended Links