We're changing our WunderBlogs. Learn more about this important update on our FAQ page.

More storms today, potential for heavy rain/severe weather next week

By: JohnnyParker , 11:50 AM GMT on March 16, 2012

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 59 and it feels like 59. Highs will continue to range between 78 and 86 with lows between 55 and 60. There is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms today and a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tonight. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday. At this time, there is a line of storms moving South out of the Tennessee. This line of storms should reach our area between 9 and 11am this morning. Heavy rain, small hail, and gusty winds will all be possible with this line of storms. Localized flash flooding is also possible. Now, for next week. We have the potential for severe weather/heavy rainfall. At this time, this does look to be a significant severe weather outbreak for the South. Most of the severe weather will occur back into Texas and Oklahoma. However, a few storms could still be severe with hail and gusty winds being the main threats. Heavy rain and flash flooding are also possible. Wednesday into Thursday look to be timeframe for the storms to come in. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 60 and it feels like 60. Todays high is 81 with a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Tonights low is 58 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Saturdays high is 82 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post tomorrow. Continue to pray for the tornado victims and those affected by damaging weather events.

The views of the author are his/her own and do not necessarily represent the position of The Weather Company or its parent, IBM.

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

Log In or Join

You be able to leave comments on this blog.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. originalLT
4:28 PM GMT on March 16, 2012
Be safe from those storms moving through.
Member Since: December 31, 1969 Posts: Comments:

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page
Ad Blocker Enabled

JohnnyParker's Blog

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 22. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.

Recommended Links