Gardengrrl likes being outside and watching "Sky-TV"
By: GardenGrrl , 4:15 AM GMT on October 20, 2012
A Texas State Fair icon went up in smoke today. Big Tex, the giant and some would say kind of creepy animatronic cowboy with the size 70 boots had been celebrating his 60th birthday when they say an electrical fire ended his career as State Fair Greeter.
Sure after a period of mourning there will be tastless jokes about another extreme fried food offering at the Texas fair. Already unkind rumors are being whispered that it was fried twinkies surrounded by sticks of fried butter topped with oversize birthday candles that did him in. The authoritys are sticking with their story of electrical fire and not deep fryer as cause of death.
Here are pictures of Big Tex before, during and after his untimely departure.
Workers bring Big Tex out of storage and prepare to raise him up to his pedastal.
Some last minute adjustments to his scarf.
Big Tex is always dressed like your average Texas Cowboy.
Big Tex up close.
The beginning of the end.
Big Tex covered with a giant tarp and being wheeled away. Hasta la vista baby.
(note; all photos taken from Google Images)
Comments will take a few seconds to appear.