Live Clean,Go Green!!!

By: Fshhead , 10:18 PM GMT on February 19, 2008

Since there is quite a few blogs going now on Global warming, I am going to start focusing on the new technology to break us away from fossil fuel use in this country. There are many other reasons than GW why we as a nation should be really focusing on making the switch!!

"There are so many arguments proving & disputing global warming that people can't seem to agree completly on it. But for all the preperations that we make for hurricanes & other disasters, what do we have to lose if we prepare for global warming as if the worst might come true?
The answer is pure common sense. We should try to eliminate the variables that cause global warming instead of just arguing about it. It's like a hurricane- if we prepare for the worst, it can only save lives & money. If it does not come, no one will have been hurt & we may even have a healthier Earth."

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED READING!!!!!
A SOLAR GRAND PLAN!!!!

"The greatest obstacle to implementing a renewable U.S. energy system is not technology or money, however. It is the lack of public awareness that solar power is a practical alternative—and one that can fuel transportation as well. Forward-looking thinkers should try to inspire U.S. citizens, and their political and scientific leaders, about solar power’s incredible potential. Once Americans realize that potential, we believe the desire for energy self-sufficiency and the need to reduce carbon dioxide emissions will prompt them to adopt a national solar plan."

Radio Show I recommend EVERYONE to listen to:
Rifkin has been influential in shaping public policy in the United States and around the world. He has testified before numerous congressional committees and has had consistent success in litigation to ensure responsible government policies on a variety of environmental, scientific and technology related issues. The National Journal named Rifkin as one of 150 people in the U.S. that have the most influence in shaping federal government policy.
Courtesy of SullivanWeather

Book I recommend reading:

Click Me!!!!

The Tesla Roadster

NO MORE TURNING AWAY!!!!

Click top of green box!!!!

Photobucket

Visitor Map
THANX FOR VISITING!!

Comments Limit Reached

This entry now contains the maximum number of comments and no more comments are allowed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40Blog Index

1151. sullivanweather
4:47 AM EDT on June 13, 2008
The three closest to me are Gandhi, Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama....haha
1150. sullivanweather
4:38 AM EDT on June 13, 2008
Damn, I just saw yours and Cal's.

we're all on the left side...haha

I'm in there pretty thick.
1149. Fshhead
8:34 AM GMT on June 13, 2008
Pretty close to mine lol Cal remarked that he knew my score would be there. My score was close to Ghandi according to their references on the site lol
Ohhh & post it in SP's blog too......
1148. sullivanweather
4:31 AM EDT on June 13, 2008
Here's my #'s

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.05

Here's my graph.

1147. Fshhead
8:29 AM GMT on June 13, 2008
LOL I went rushin' to SP'S blog to see the results!
K, cough it up Sull, post your graph........
1146. sullivanweather
4:21 AM EDT on June 13, 2008
I just took that political compass test on SP,s blog.
1145. Fshhead
8:08 AM GMT on June 13, 2008
Wow quite a bit of damage,Sux to be the lady with the huge pine in her roof.
1144. Fshhead
8:02 AM GMT on June 13, 2008

Speaking of alot of the stuff you mentioned, I was just waching this one. YouTube has a page devoted to him.
BarackObamadotcom
1143. sullivanweather
4:01 AM EDT on June 13, 2008
Check out the news from our area with those storms from Tuesday night.
1142. sullivanweather
3:46 AM EDT on June 13, 2008
Obama is fine with me. I would've rather seen Hillary but as I've told you before, when I step in the voting booth I'm looking for the "D" and pulling the lever.

I dunno how fast things are going to change but I tell you one thing, status quo ain't working right now.

People are losing jobs really fast, oil's gone through the roof and we need to get in the right track here. There's hardly a middle class anymore (what does a middle class salary buy you now anyway?) At the end of the day whether you're on gov't food stamp and welfare programs or making 45,000/yr you'd still probably have the same amount of cash in your pocket after the bills are paid.
1141. Fshhead
7:50 AM GMT on June 13, 2008
Hmmmm interesting theory there MLC.....
1140. moonlightcowboy
2:42 AM CDT on June 13, 2008
And, the ISS is leading the way, too. Look at it now - it's already become more of a universal effort. Hell, they're not up there making pills for cancer! I don't think they are considering the wealth of pharmaceuticals and the "pill a week" that comes out already now. The ISS becomes the hub in a link of a global energy satellite system. It's happening already fellas and we just haven't known it. We've thought it's all been for research, blah, blah, blah, etc. It's part of new system being put into place to regulate and control the energy revenue stream as oil is depleted.

That means the energy technology is already here, they just don't have a monitoring, regulating system in place yet.
1139. Fshhead
7:38 AM GMT on June 13, 2008
One thing for sure MLC, I am no fan of the carbon scheme!!
1138. Fshhead
7:36 AM GMT on June 13, 2008
Sully its not really a score, its a color graph. Hard to explain just go look in SP'S blog. I am wondering, are you starting to warm up to Obama? Hmmm???? lol
1137. moonlightcowboy
2:34 AM CDT on June 13, 2008
And, the new technology will be tied to a satellite system, much like your TV dish. If you pay your bill the equipment stays on and you get to use the (what would be otherwise) free energy. Don't pay and the switch gets turned off.
1136. sullivanweather
3:28 AM EDT on June 13, 2008
Hey Fish!

What was your score?

Obama does it again.

Puts out a fight the smear site to have a rapid response via the internet to any rhetoric coming his way from detractors.

Any dirt someone tires to dig up on him is going to be exposed by his campaign and dealt with within minutes.
1135. moonlightcowboy
2:24 AM CDT on June 13, 2008
Put simply, I'm thinking the carbon credit is the beginning of a move to a universal currency system based on energy and not CO2 emissions like we're being led to believe.

When there's no oil to sell, there will have to be some way for these companies and these powers that be, to take in revenue. And, for that to happen the process of valuing, devaluing world currencies will have to change. It will change primarily because the use of new energy technology (that's not tangible for consumption like oil, but rather like fusion, sun power) will have to be paid for through the "right" to use it, the access to the new equipment or the "royalty" rights to use it - though it would be largely free otherwise. And, they way they get there is through a universal tax - the carbon credit is the path to how they get there.
1134. Fshhead
7:20 AM GMT on June 13, 2008
Sully, THANX for the fight the smear link. Yea I have it saved lol You know I am a fan!!
1133. Fshhead
7:17 AM GMT on June 13, 2008
LMAO!!!!!!
Evening Gents,
I was taking a political test in SP'S blog. Mmmm interesting score I got lol
1132. moonlightcowboy
2:06 AM CDT on June 13, 2008
This whole AGW bit is tied to carbon credits. And, for carbon credits to "really" work is has to be based on more than just the "prospect" of reducing CO2 emissions which is more difficult and costly to gauge and regulate imo. And, I say this off-the-cuff because there is either undue pressure being applied to the dollar beyond its own valuing problems, or there would be no reason for production not to increase.

If indeed oil supply has reached peak or an anticipated peak has been discerned; then, these companies have got to find a way to stay in business - and by that I mean carbon credits will eventually become "energy credits" so-to-speak. When that happens energy will be purchased be it through oil or the new energy technologies - but, all still controlled, owned, regulated and now, "valued" by the powers that be: the oil companies who are presently supplying energy needs. They're just figuring out how to get it to that point. Obviously, bursting gas prices will cause people to accept "new" methods of energy and how it's paid for if they can see where it's cheaper or whatever other marketing ploy they spin it with.

But, just short of sounding like a conspiracy theorist (lol), I just believe there is more going in the "big picture" than what is being readily observed and discerned.
1131. moonlightcowboy
1:56 AM CDT on June 13, 2008
Well, I filled up before the big increases that came at the end of the weekend and first of the week, but tomorrow I'm on the road again and will be checking prices. Ugh! Dread it really.

I think they're doing the "TX two-step" with us. Go up twice, come back down one - that kind of marketing mind game. Went near $140 and slid back down. Now, it's gonna pop $140, ease towards $150 and slide back again. But, obviously, it's headed up! That's what's happened (coincidentally? congruently? intentionally?) since bl prices hit $100.

I'm starting to believe this whole bit is really more about a global currency tied to oil, or energy rather. They're making "test" runs, much like a restaurant will try out a new menu item - seeing what happens, how it fits, works with the economies around the world.

If Gore gets his way, that's exactly what will happen. Oil will be valued on a universal carbon-credit scale. Woah, if that's where it's headed as it certainly will mean substantially higher prices.

And, if that's not something like what's going on, then why the hell is production not meeting demand. That automatically drives prices higher!
1130. sullivanweather
2:50 AM EDT on June 13, 2008
Good overnight, MLC!

How're you dealing right now with this price for gas?

It's up to 4.29 and up now across the board.
1129. moonlightcowboy
1:33 AM CDT on June 13, 2008
Double post, sorry.
1128. moonlightcowboy
1:33 AM CDT on June 13, 2008
1127. sullivanweather
2:43 AM EDT on June 13, 2008
1125. Fshhead
7:47 PM GMT on June 12, 2008
Ubreal story Auburn!!!!
Yea I gotta agree Cowboy, we are in for a ROUGH ride for sure!!! Man this suxx...
1124. moonlightcowboy
2:43 PM CDT on June 12, 2008
1122. LMAO, Aub! Tension is running high. Gonna get worse! Folks will get shot for stealing/protecting gas!
1123. moonlightcowboy
2:24 PM CDT on June 12, 2008
...can we say $140 (plus) on Friday>

Yep, and the beat goes on!
...more pressure on the dollar.

Photobucket

1122. auburn (Mod)
2:26 PM CDT on June 12, 2008
Had a woman get ticked at me today at the gas station because I drive a large truck...she said it was my fault that gas prices were so high(I had the tractor on a trailer behind the truck)that I should down size and do something to help with the demand of fuel...that gas and diesels like mine were gas hogs....I asked her what mpg her little S-10 pickup got...she said 29mpg(with a smug look)I told her I had an HHO cell on my big land barge and that I only got 2mpg less than her..I then told her my tractor run on used cooking oil...and then asked her what she had done to try and help cut down on fuel...she told me to go to hell and walked off...LOL
1121. Fshhead
7:21 PM GMT on June 12, 2008
Average price for reg. in Miami is now $4.10 & RISING!!!!

Oil is at $136

Like a certain Cowboy always says, The Beat Goes On!!!!!!
1120. Fshhead
7:13 PM GMT on June 12, 2008
More on the converted electric Saturn Sky!!

Well the big complaint of the Tesla is the price. This converted Sky is HALF the price!!!
1119. Fshhead
7:12 PM GMT on June 12, 2008
Sarkozy asks IMF how to use oil profits for renewable energy: government

Hmmm this sounds familiar??? LOL
1118. Fshhead
7:09 PM GMT on June 12, 2008
UPDATE 2-US regulators to meet on oil - EIA
1117. moonlightcowboy
3:03 AM CDT on June 12, 2008
Good pic, Fish! Oh, man, for simpler times! That'd be nice. :)
1116. moonlightcowboy
2:26 AM CDT on June 12, 2008
Our vulnerability, our weakness involves energy and our economy. That's where the pressure is coming from. It's being tested. Now, it's gonna go up a notch further. The pressure is being put on the weakness of the dollar. I expect prices to indeed go up.

The US has been the dominant player because of consumption. But, now, there's new players - China, India, etc...in the developing nations.

There's one of two, or both things at play I think:

1. Pressure on the dollar in a move to bring the country down or get us out of the Middle East as an act of war strategy - to keep the spread of democracy out of the region. Kings don't like it when people begin to control their own fate.

2. Pressure on the dollar which has been the world's currency that all trade is based upon. The play is to change that so that all currency, all trade is based rather on the value of oil. Pressure on the dollar will continue until the US's dollar value is regulated to the value of other world currency values, especially where oil is concerned.

Until the US is paying the same price in terms of oil value that the rest of the world is paying, the dollar will continue to shrink and prices will continue to go up. When there is some equilibrium of currencies based on "oil's value" and it alone as the established mark upon which all global trade is based prices will level out. But, not until then. So, it's pretty much a "pressure on the dollar" kind of thing!

1115. Fshhead
7:35 AM GMT on June 12, 2008

Howdy Pardner'
Thanx for stopping by with the update..
Hope all is well!!
1114. moonlightcowboy
2:24 AM CDT on June 12, 2008
Hey, Fish and Sully!

Photobucket

Ok, just a visual post for the continuing archives, fellas.
1113. Fshhead
7:21 AM GMT on June 12, 2008
$250 oil? Don't bet on it
The CEO of Russian oil firm Gazprom, the world's largest energy company, is predicting a huge jump in the price of oil. Could he possibly be right?

"And Thornber said that a variety of factors, including more tensions with Iran or a bad hurricane season in the United States, could lead to oil soaring past $150 and on towards $200 in short order."
1112. Fshhead
7:12 AM GMT on June 12, 2008
Oil kills penguins in Uruguay
1111. sullivanweather
3:46 PM EDT on June 11, 2008
I don't think the speculative aspect can be taken out.

Proposing such constraints on a free-market economy is going to spark a HUGE legal battle. By the time that works its way through the courts it'll be several years, if not more.

If they move the operation overseas I dunno what will happen. The gov't is thinking about suing OPEC and they really have nothing to do with our country, it's other countries involved in that.

Honestly, I think it's going to come down to local and state municipalities to come up with solutions (which is what's been happening until they get stonewalled by Bush and his cronies.)
1110. Fshhead
7:40 PM GMT on June 11, 2008
LOL all that is pretty much a given..
How does the speculative aspect get taken out? We need some type of SHORT-TERM relief here. I thought the investigation here would amount to something but, if they just move it offshore I am not sure what the gameplan would be then?
1109. sullivanweather
3:30 PM EDT on June 11, 2008
We both know the answer. To get away from oil using advanced technology.

I've never seen such a push before to stick with outdated inefficient technology such as fossil fuels. The problem is that it costs so much now without known cap to how high the price can go everyone thinks that they can make fast money off of it.

People don't have other options to rid themselves of fossil fuels for energy. Since we have no choice but to pay for this stuff to get to work, earn a living, keep our food fresh, houses at comfortable temperatures, etc. they can charge pretty much whatever they want and we'll have to pay it.

It's either pay or starve homeless and most people will choose food and shelter over being broke.
1108. Fshhead
7:25 PM GMT on June 11, 2008
Hey I got a question for you Sully. I dont know a whole lot on all this speculative trading business. I see in Cal's article there that Dubai is getting ready to set up shop & I am assuming its from the heat the Fed's are putting on them here? So, what is the answer to all this? We need a solution & FAST!!!!
1107. sullivanweather
3:22 PM EDT on June 11, 2008
Hey bro!

Yeah, it was crazy. The winds were 60mph on several occasions. There's trees down over the entire county. I just went to the store to get some milk and I must've seen at least 3 dozen large trees either snapped right at the base or uprooted. We lost power for 15 hours too.
1106. Fshhead
7:13 PM GMT on June 11, 2008
Hey Sully,
No arguments from me on that! lol
I saw your pics from the storms ya had last night. Looks like ya got some pretty good winds there. I am glad everything is o.k. & I am guessing it was a cool experience?? lol
1105. sullivanweather
3:01 PM EDT on June 11, 2008
hmmm...

Your blog ate my post! LOL

I guess I was ranting too much about the fact that speculators are buying oil @ $135/bbl to turn a profit (think about it - they're buying oil @ this price because they think it's a bargain so how much higher do you think it will go?!)

Also, why are banks not even lending money anymore eventhough they're getting money from the feds at only 2% interest or however low it is, or why is it the money they do lend is at the same interest rates before the whole housing mess started?

The gov't is making the banks rich off the backs of the American public! The same Americans that just saw a 1/2 percentage rise in umemployment and watching money getting sucked out of their wallets to buy gas and food or just to be able to make it to the jobs that their co-workers are being laid off from.

If people cannot see that we are on the brink of collapse then something is wrong.

1104. Fshhead
6:48 PM GMT on June 11, 2008
Thanx for the passover reminder Cal!!
Move the oil trading futures to Dubai??
This can't be good news for us...
1102. LowerCal
10:51 AM PDT on June 11, 2008
Doubt you'd forget Fsh, but a friendly reminder just in case about your double spacecraft (ISS & shuttle) flyover this evening.
1101. LowerCal
10:07 AM PDT on June 11, 2008
Prices up, consumption down–market economics working for gasoline consumers?
... OIL FUTURES SPECULATION, AND SPECULATING ON THE FUTURE
It’s crucial to note that Asian energy anaysts are very open about how speculation in the oil market is driving some of the current high price. Does this signal international support for re-regulation of the petroleum futures market now based largely in New York and London?

And wouldn’t that simply drive the futures trading elsewhere? Just today there is talk of moving the crude oil futures trading to Dubai. You care to speculate on how hard it would be to regulate there? On the other hand, Dubai is not much of a military…. That’s a speculation for another time.

Fshhead's WunderBlog