... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 5 PM MST this
* timing... periods of snow through today. More snow will fall on
the east slopes and will be the heaviest through this morning.
Snow will taper off this afternoon.
* Snow totals so far... through 4 am... 5 to 9 inches on the West
Slope. 4 to 8 inches on The East Slope... locally 12 inches.
* Additional snowfall... 3 to 6 inches.
* Wind and visibility... the wind will be northeast this morning
at 15 to 25 mph. This will cause blowing and drifting snow
with visibility below a quarter mile at times.
* Main impact... roads and highways will become slick and snow
packed. Travel will be difficult at times with reduced
visibility in snow and blowing snow... especially over South
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
visibilities will be severely limited due to strong winds blowing
snow around. Use caution when traveling especially in open areas.
Check the latest Road conditions at wyoroad.Info or by dialing
5 1 1.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Wind River Mountains West Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 9:00 AM MST Jan. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service