... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until 2 am EDT
* what... snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 5
inches expected, with higher totals possible above 3000 feet
elevation. Winds gusting as high as 50 mph.
* Where... in Virginia, western Highland County. In West
Virginia, western Mineral, western Grant and western Pendleton
* When... until 2 am EDT Saturday.
* Additional details... plan on slippery Road conditions. Gusty
winds could bring down tree branches.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Expect snow covered roads
and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
When venturing outside, watch your first few steps taken on
steps, sidewalks, and driveways, which could be icy and slippery,
increasing your risk of a fall and injury.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Pendleton Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 6:43 PM EDT Mar. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 5:40 PM EDT Mar. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 4 am EDT Saturday...
* timing... the potential for strong wind gusts will last through
late tonight, especially on the ridges.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 45 to 55 mph are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high