... Winter Storm Watch now in effect from Thursday evening through
* locations... Moscow, Plummer, Potlatch, Genesee, Coeur D'Alene,
Post Falls, Hayden, Worley, Wenatchee, Chelan, Entiat,
Cashmere, Omak, Okanogan, Brewster, Bridgeport, Oroville,
Nespelem, Disautel pass, Waterville, Mansfield, Badger
Mountain Road, Pullman, Colfax, Rosalia, La Crosse, Oakesdale,
Tekoa, Uniontown, Ritzville, Grand Coulee, Odessa, Wilbur,
Coulee City, Moses Lake, Ephrata, Othello, Quincy, Spokane,
Cheney, Davenport, and Rockford.
* Snow accumulations... 3 to 6 inches. Highest amounts near the the
lower east slopes of the Cascades and over Idaho. Lowest amounts
near Moses Lake.
* Timing... light snow will begin late Thursday afternoon and
increase in intensity Thursday night, then taper off to
scattered snow showers late Friday afternoon or evening.
More snow is expected Saturday.
* Impacts... heavy snow accumulation on area roads will make
driving difficult and treacherous. The Friday morning commute
period will be particularly impacted.
* Web page: for a detailed view of the hazard area visit
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor
the latest forecasts.