... Red flag warning in effect from 10 am to 10 PM PDT Thursday
for moderate breezes and low humidity...
The National Weather Service in Seattle has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from 10 am to 10 PM PDT Thursday.
The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 650... including
Forks... Quillayute... and Ellis Mountain. Fire weather zones
654... .655 and 657... including the I-5 corridor from Seattle on
south through Lewis County and the Kitsap peninsula.
* Wind... north or northeast wind 8 to 14 mph with gusts to 20 mph.
* Humidity... 20-30 percent.
* Timing... the combination of sustained winds in excess of 10-12
mph and humidity below 30 percent will last for 3 to 5 hours
from late morning through early evening on Thursday.
* Impacts... a combination of a moderate breeze... low relative
humidity and warm temperatures can contribute to rapid rates
of spread and downwind spotting on any fires that get
started. This applies to grassy roadside locations as well as
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of a
moderate breeze... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures
can contribute to rapid rates of spread and downwind spotting on