... Red flag warning in effect from 1 PM to 9 PM PDT Saturday for
wind and low relative humidity for the south central Cascade
valleys... the central Cascade valleys... the northern Columbia
Basin... the Palouse and Spokane area...
The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued a red flag
warning for wind and low relative humidity... which is in effect
from 1 PM to 9 PM PDT Saturday. The Fire Weather Watch is no
longer in effect.
* Affected area: fire weather zone 673 East Washington northern
Columbia Basin (zone 673)... fire weather zone 674 East
Washington Palouse and Spokane area (zone 674)... fire weather
zone 676 East Washington south central Cascade valleys (zone
676) and fire weather zone 677 East Washington central Cascade
valleys (zone 677).
* Winds: west 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Relative humidities: 11 to 22 percent.
* Impacts: dry and breezy conditions will lead to the rapid
spread of any new fire starts.
* Communities: Wenatchee... Entiat... Vantage... George... Ephrata...
Moses Lake... Douglas... Waterville... Wilbur... Othello...
Ritzville... Coulee City... Ellensburg... Yakima.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Kittitas Valley Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:01 PM PDT Jul. 29, 2016 – National Weather Service