... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 7 am Friday to 4 am PST
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow and light freezing rain... which is in
effect from 7 am Friday to 4 am PST Saturday.
* Locations... Arlington... The Dalles... Dufur... Maupin... White
Salmon... Goldendale... Bickleton.
* Ice accumulations... up to five hundreths of an inch... mainly in
the Columbia Gorge.
* Snow accumulations... 1 to 3 inches in the Columbia Gorge and
north central Oregon. 2 to 4 inches in the Simcoe Highlands.
* Timing... light snow will develop from south to north Friday
morning. Periods of snow will continue Friday afternoon and
Friday evening before tapering off overnight. Some rain or light
freezing rain could mix in at times.
* Impacts... roadways will likely become snow and ice
covered... creating hazardous conditions.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Temperatures... mid 20s Friday morning... rising into the lower to mid
30s Friday afternoon and evening.
* Snow level... 500 feet or lower.
* Web page: for a detailed view of the hazard area visit
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Columbia River Gorge of Washington Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 2:07 PM PST Jan. 19, 2017 – National Weather Service