... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until 4 am EST
The National Weather Service in Burlington has extended the
Winter Weather Advisory for mixed precipitation... until 4 am EST
* Locations... all of eastern Vermont, east of the Green Mountains.
* Hazard types... freezing rain, sleet and snow.
* Accumulations... additional accumulations of up to 1 inch of
heavy wet snow and sleet... and a tenth to quarter of an inch of ice.
* Timing... areas of light freezing drizzle and sleet this
afternoon will become more widespread again late this afternoon
through the first half of the overnight hours before dissipating
early Wednesday morning.
* Impacts... ice and snow accumulations may create slippery Road
conditions and produce scattered power outages.
* Winds... north 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Temperatures... near steady temperatures in the 30s.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that period of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... your local media... or
go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Orleans Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:22 PM EST Jan. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Albany Center
- Beebe Plain
- Brownington Center
- Brownington Village
- Campbells Corner
- Craftsbury Common
- Derby Line
- East Albany
- East Brownington
- East Charleston
- East Craftsbury
- East Greensboro
- Gebbie Corner
- Greensboro Bend
- Jay Peak Ski And Summer Resort
- Lake Park
- Lindsay Beach
- Merrill Corner
- Morgan Center
- Newport Center
- North Derby
- North Troy
- South Albany
- South Newport
- The Four Corners
- Tillotson Mill
- Tolman Corner
- West Charleston
- West Glover