... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 7 PM this
evening to 10 PM EST Tuesday...
The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the Winter
Weather Advisory for mixed precipitation... from 7 PM this evening
to 10 PM EST Tuesday.
* Locations... northern New York and all of central... eastern...
and northern Vermont... including the Champlain Valley and
* Hazard types... snow... sleet... and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulation of 4 to 6 inches of
heavy wet snow and sleet... along with around a trace of ice.
Some locally higher snow accumulations up to 8 inches possible.
* Maximum snowfall rate... up to 1 inch per hour... tonight and Tuesday
* Timing... a wintry mix develops across central and southern
Vermont between 7 PM and midnight, and then across northern
Vermont and northern New York after midnight tonight.
* Impacts... a hazardous Tuesday morning commute is anticipated...
along with potential for isolated power outages due to the
combination of heavy wet snow and gusty winds.
* Winds... northeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Temperatures... highs in the mid 30s today. Lows in the upper
* Visibilities... below 1 mile at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that period of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... your local media... or
go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Grand Isle Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:55 AM EST Jan. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service