... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 am EDT Saturday...
* winds... northwest 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing... this afternoon through tonight. Strongest will be this
afternoon and evening.
* Impacts... downed tree limbs and weaker trees. Isolated power
outage. Loose outdoor objects will be blown around. High
profile vehicles will have difficulty driving.
* Locations... from the foothills of Virginia and North Carolina
west into the mountains of West Virginia.
* Hazards... strong winds.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Alleghany Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:09 PM EDT Mar. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Clearwater Park
- Clifton Forge
- Cliftondale Park
- Fairview Heights (Clifton Forge)
- Falling Spring
- Iron Gate
- Iron Hill Springs
- Jordan Mines
- Longdale Furnace
- Low Moor
- Moss Run
- Oakwood Forest
- Parrish Court
- Potts Creek
- Rayon Terrace
- Rich Patch
- Rich Patch Mines
- Rivermont (Covington)
- Sweet Chalybeate
- Westwood Place