... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Thursday morning through
Friday evening for gusty winds and low relative humidity for fire
weather zones 478 and 492...
The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has issued a Fire
Weather Watch for gusty winds and low relative humidity... which
is in effect from Thursday morning through Friday evening.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 478 Salt Lake desert and
fire weather zone 492 central Utah west desert.
* Winds... southerly surface winds will increase through the day
Thursday becoming 15 to 25 mph with gusts in excess of 30 mph by
Thursday afternoon. Winds will diminish Thursday night then
increase further Friday with sustained south winds 20 t0 25 with
gusts to 35 mph during the afternoon hours.
* Relative humidity... 10 to 14 percent each afternoon
* thunderstorms... isolated dry thunderstorms are possible during
the day Thursday.
* Outflow winds... 35 to 45 mph possible on Thursday
* impacts... a combination of gusty winds and low humidity will
create the potential for rapid fire growth... and isolated dry
thunderstorms may create new fire starts.
A Fire Weather Watch means that there is a potential for critical
fire weather conditions. Continue to monitor for the latest
forecasts and for possible red flag warnings.