... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from noon to 9 PM MST
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a
Winter Weather Advisory for snow, which is in effect from noon to
9 PM MST Monday.
* Locations include... Dutch John.
* Timing... snow is expected to begin on the southwest facing slopes
of the eastern uintas around noon on Monday... then favor the
north facing slopes of the uintas Monday evening.
* Snow accumulation... 4 to 8 inches.
* Winds... southwest 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph becoming
northwest Monday evening.
* Visibility... less than a mile at times in moderate snow and
* Impacts... moderate snowfall and strong winds will quickly create
hazardous driving conditions. Mountain roadways will be icy to
snowpacked at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Uinta Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:26 PM MST Feb. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service