... Wind Advisory now in effect until 6 PM CST this evening...
* timing... early Sunday morning through early Sunday evening.
* Winds... sustained 25 to 30 mph gusting with gusts near 45 mph.
* Impacts... driving high profile vehicles may be difficult. High
winds could displace loose objects and could result in minor
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35-40 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Gonzales Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 12:42 AM CST Jan. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
Issued: 4:08 AM CST Jan. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Gale Warning remains in effect until 9 PM CST this evening...
* winds... increasing Saturday night into Sunday... west to
northwest 25 to 35 knots with gusts of 45 to 50 knots.
* Seas... increasing late Saturday night into Sunday... 5 to 8
feet nearshore and 10 to 14 feet offshore with occasional
heights up to 16 feet offshore. Waves on the Bay smooth
becoming very rough by early morning.
A Gale Warning means winds of 34 to 47 knots are imminent or
occuring. Operating a vessel in gale conditions requires
experience and properly equipped vessels. It is highly
recommended that mariners without the proper experience seek safe
Harbor prior to the onset of gale conditions.
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 6:26 AM CST Jan. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 6 PM CST this evening
for gusty west to northwest winds and low humidities...
* affected area... all of south central Texas.
* Wind... west to northwest 25 to 30 mph with gusts near 45 mph.
* Humidity... minimum afternoon humidity ranging from 15 to 35
* impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Nearby Radar Stations
- Brown Hill
- Comanche Crossing
- Glaze City
- Little New York
- Oak Forest
- Saint James
- Sandy Fork