... Wind Advisory in effect from noon today to 6 PM CST this
* timing... this afternoon.
* Winds... west winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 55 mph.
* Impacts... winds this strong can make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 30 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Midland Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:48 AM CST Feb. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 4:01 AM CST Feb. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
8 PM CST this evening for warm... dry... very windy... and very high
to extreme fire danger for the Permian Basin... trans Pecos... Big
Bend area... and Marfa Plateau...
* wind... 20 to 35 mph. Higher gusts.
* Temperatures... 15 to 20 degrees above normal.
* Humidity... 8 to 15 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Precautionary/preparedness actions... this is a very dangerous
fire weather situation. Strong winds and very low relative
humidities combined with above normal temperatures will create
weather conditions favorable for the multiple occurrence of large