... Winter Weather Advisory in effect until noon EDT today...
The National Weather Service in Binghamton has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow, sleet, and freezing rain... which is in
effect until noon EDT today.
* Locations... Wayne, Pike counties.
* Hazard types... snow changing to sleet and freezing rain. Sleet
and freezing rain changing to rain by afternoon.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of a coating up to 2
inches... along with a light glaze of ice. Heaviest accumulations
over the higher elevations.
* Timing... snow will move in early this morning and quickly become
mixed with sleet and freezing rain after daybreak before
changing to all rain by afternoon.
* Impacts... snow and ice will lead to slippery surfaces,
especially over the higher terrain and along secondary roadways.
* Winds... east 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... in the lower 30s.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet, or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Wayne Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:57 AM EDT Oct. 27, 2016 – National Weather Service