... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to
7 am EST Tuesday...
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for heavy wet snow and light freezing rain or
drizzle... which is in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to 7 am EST
Tuesday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches... along
with around a trace of ice.
* Timing... rain will develop this morning before mixing with and
changing to snow this afternoon. Snow will fall heavy at times
into the evening hours before tapering to light snow and snow
showers after midnight. There could be some light freezing rain
or drizzle this evening.
* Impacts... snow accumulations will make travel very hazardous.
The weight of the heavy wet snow could cause tree limbs to fall
on power lines and produce outages.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... in the low to mid 30s.
* Greatest risk for heavy snow in the higher elevations.
* Longer commute times Monday evening.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation reminds motorists
to adjust speeds based on driving conditions and to take it slow
in ice and snow.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
McKean Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 4:11 AM EST Jan. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
- Annin Creek
- Bells Camp
- Big Shanty
- Bullis Mills
- Cartwrights Crossing
- Corwins Corners
- Custer City
- Dallas City
- Derrick City
- Duke Center
- East Kane
- East Smethport
- Farmers Valley
- Foster Brook
- Gibbs Hill
- Gilmore (Bradford)
- Hamlin Station
- Hazel Hurst
- Hazelton Mills
- Indian Crossing
- Jo Jo
- Lantz Corners
- Lewis Run
- Mount Alton
- Mount Jewett
- Port Allegany
- Red Rock
- Sawyer City
- South Bradford
- West Bradford
- West Eldred
- Wolf Run