Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Watch
8:01 AM PST
National Weather Service
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 7 am Sunday to
4 am PST Monday...
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Sunday morning
through late Sunday night...
* snow accumulations in watch area: 4 to 8 inches.
* Snow accumulations in advisory area: 2 to 4 inches.
* Elevation: generally above 1500 feet. Above 2500 feet for the
* Timing: snow will begin early Sunday afternoon and increase in
intensity late Sunday afternoon. Snow is most likely to stick
to roadways late Sunday afternoon and evening. Snow should
diminish early Monday morning.
* Locations include: the advisory area includes Interstate 5
from Sexton pass to Canyon Mountain pass... and Highway 42 at
Camas Mountain pass. The watch area includes the Tiller- trail
Highway and other elevations above 2500 feet.
* Impacts: any heavier snow showers, even during the afternoon
Sunday, could quickly create slushy conditions on roadways.
Snowfall will reduce visibilities to less than a half mile at
* stock emergency kit with tire chains, flashlight, batteries,
blankets, food, water, and medications.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* Plan now to avoid traveling during the storm.
* A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant
snow accumulations that may create dangerous travel.
* A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties.