... Red flag warning remains in effect until 10 PM PDT this
evening for thunderstorms producing abundant lightning and gusty
* affected areas... in Oregon... fire weather zones 640 and 644.
* Timing... thunderstorms will develop this afternoon and increase
in coverage after 4 PM.
* Lightning activity level... 4 which means abundant lightning is
* Precipitation... storms will initially bring little
precipitation but will gradually become wet with some storms
producing moderate downpours.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly
in The Grasses and shrubs. Outdoor burning is not
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central Oregon Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 9:07 AM PDT Jun. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service