... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 11 am Thursday to 1 am
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect from 11 am
Thursday to 1 am PST Friday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer
* Snow accumulations... 2 to 5 inches.
* Ice accumulations... less than a tenth of an inch.
* Locations... Boardman... Hermiston... Ione... Pendleton... Pilot
* Snow level... basin floor.
* Temperatures... in the lower to mid 20s.
* Timing... snow will develop late Thursday morning then increase
in intensity Thursday afternoon and Thursday evening. In
addition... a light wintry mix of snow... sleet and freezing rain
is expected Thursday night and Friday morning.
* Impacts... area roadways will be snow covered and slick.
Localized blowing snow will be possible.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Web page: for a detailed view of the hazard area visit
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lower Columbia Basin of Oregon Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 10:10 PM PST Dec. 7, 2016 – National Weather Service
Issued: 10:40 AM PST Dec. 7, 2016 – National Weather Service
... New daily record low temperatures for December 7th...
Note: stations marked with * indicate that the station reports once
per day. For consistency... these values are considered to have
occurred on the day the observation was taken but may have actually
occurred (especially for Max temperature) on the previous day.
Station previous new records
record/year record began
*la grande(city), or 3 / 1978 2 1887