... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 am Wednesday to 4 am
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect from 10 am
Wednesday to 4 am PST Thursday.
* Snow accumulations... 6 to 12 inches.
* Winds... south to southwest 20 to 30 mph causing some blowing and
* Elevation... above 5000 feet.
* Timing... snow levels lower Wednesday morning with periods of
snow Wednesday afternoon through much of Wednesday night.
* Locations include... Crater Lake... and highways 138, 232 and 230
as well as the Siskiyou Mountains west of Siskiyou Summit.
* Impacts... snow will reduce visibility and make travel difficult
on area roadways.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.
* Carry tire chains and be prepared for snow covered roads and
* See weather.Gov/Medford/cams for latest Road conditions.
* A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Siskiyou Mountains and Southern Oregon Cascades Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:35 AM PST Jan. 17, 2017 – National Weather Service