... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 PM this evening
to 10 PM PST Wednesday...
* what... heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 7 to 14
inches expected with accumulations of up to 18 inches across
the highest elevations. Between 1500 to 2000 feet, expect lower
accumulations of 2 to 6 inches. Winds could gust as high as 35
mph over higher exposed terrain.
* Where... heavy snow expected across the eastern Douglas County
foothills and south central Oregon Cascades. This includes
Highway 58, Highway 62, Highway 138, Highway 230, and the
cities of Union Creek, Toketee Falls, Crescent Lake, as well
as Diamond Lake and Crater Lake. Moderate snow amounts are
expected near Steamboat.
* When... from 7 PM this evening to 10 PM PST Wednesday. The
heaviest snow will fall between 10 PM tonight and 4 PM
* Additional details... travel could be very difficult with snow-
covered roads. The hazardous conditions could impact morning
or evening travel.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets,
food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is
likely and poses a threat to life and property. Take
protective action now.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Douglas County Foothills Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 12:52 PM PST Feb. 19, 2019 – National Weather Service