... Beach hazards statement remains in effect until 4 PM PST this
* hazards... northwest swell around 16 feet will produce 23 foot
breakers in the surf zone.
* Timing... large breakers are expected most of the day with
highest potential for dangerous wave runup on beaches this
afternoon... around high tide.
* Locations include... all beaches... but especially west and
northwest facing beaches.
* Potential impacts... wave runup on beaches will be higher than
normal. Jetties and the surf zone will be especially
* View the hazard area in detail at http://weather.Gov/Medford/hazard
A beach hazards statement is issued when threats such as rip
currents... longshore currents... sneaker waves and other hazards
create life-threatening conditions in the surf zone. Caution
should be used when in or near the water. Always keep an eye on
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Curry County Coast Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Beach Hazard Statement
Issued: 4:14 AM PST Dec. 3, 2016 – National Weather Service