... Red flag warning in effect from 3 PM Friday to 9 PM PDT
Saturday for gusty winds and low humidity...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from 3 PM Friday to 9 PM PDT
* Affected area... in Washington and Oregon... fire zone 639
covering most of Klickitat County and the eastern Columbia River
gorge. In Oregon... fire zone 610 covering the east slopes of the
northern Oregon Cascades.
* Timing... winds will increase late Friday afternoon and evening
and will be stronger on Saturday.
* Wind... west to northwest wind 10 to 20 mph late Friday and 15 to
25 mph on Saturday. The strongest winds will be through the
Columbia River gorge.
* Humidity... 12 to 20 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Upper Hood River Valley Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:59 PM PDT Jul. 28, 2016 – National Weather Service