... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 am Thursday to
4 am PST Friday for the north Oregon Cascades...
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow and ice remains in effect
from 7 am Thursday to 4 am PST Friday.
* Timing... snow will spread north across the area Thursday
morning... changing to sleet or freezing rain during the
afternoon except near the Cascade crest and passes. Snow will
persist near the crest and passes into the evening hours.
Precipitation should change to rain below 4500 feet by sunrise
* Snow accumulations... 8 to 16 inches... heaviest near Mount Hood.
* Ice accumulations... up to one quarter inch... mainly in protected
Cascade valleys away from the crest.
* Snow levels... snow levels will rise to around 4500 feet Thursday
afternoon and evening.
* Impacts... travel will be very difficult as roads become snow
covered and icy... especially across the passes.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Oregon Cascades Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 9:26 PM PST Dec. 7, 2016 – National Weather Service