... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 9 PM CST
this evening for windy conditions... warm temperatures and low
relative humidity for portions of western Oklahoma and western
* timing... Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday evening.
* Wind... southwest at 30 to 45 mph, with gusts 45 to 55 mph.
* Humidity... 10 to 20 percent.
* Temperature... mid 70s to low 80s.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
* Other impacts... a wind shift will move across the area
Tuesday evening into Tuesday night with northwest winds 15-25
mph and higher gusts. This could cause problems for any
ongoing firefighting efforts.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Kiowa Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 4:28 AM CST Feb. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service