... Wind Advisory in effect from noon today to 7 PM CST this
The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from noon today to 7 PM CST this
* Timing... this afternoon through early evening.
* Winds... 25 to 30 mph southwest winds with gusts over 40 mph.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for
high profile vehicles. Use extra caution. A red flag warning is
also in effect... meaning that any fires that develop will likely
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Pottawatomie Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:24 AM CST Jan. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:13 AM CST Jan. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 7 PM CST this
evening for windy conditions... warm temperatures and low
relative humidity for the western half of Oklahoma and western
The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from noon today to 7 PM CST this
evening. This replaces the Fire Weather Watch.
* Timing... noon Tuesday through around 7 PM
* wind... southwest to west at 20 to 30 mph with gusts over 40
* Humidity... 15 to 22 percent
* temperature... afternoon highs in the upper 60s to mid 70s
* impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Nearby Radar Stations
- Bethel Acres
- Clarks Heights
- Garden Grove
- Hazel Dell
- Keokuk Falls
- Sacred Heart
- Saint Louis