... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM EST this
The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the Winter
Weather Advisory for mixed precipitation... until 10 PM EST this
* Locations... northern New York and all of central... eastern...
and northern Vermont... including the Champlain Valley and
* Hazard types... snow... sleet... and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... additional snow and sleet accumulation of up to
to 1 inch, along with around a tenth to a quarter of an inch of
* Timing... mainly freezing rain and sleet has developed across
Vermont and northern New York early this morning, as warmer air
aloft has moved into the region.
* Impacts... a hazardous morning commute is anticipated... along
with the potential for power outages due to the combination of
mainly freezing rain, sleet and some snow, along with gusty
winds. Travel will be difficult this morning, especially on any
untreated Road surfaces. Allow yourself some extra time to reach
your destination safely.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Temperatures... highs in the lower 30s today. Lows tonight in
the mid to upper 20s.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that period of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... your local media... or
go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Essex Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:51 AM EST Jan. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service