... Lake effect snow watch remains in effect from Thursday evening
through late Friday night...
* locations... southern Oneida, southern Cayuga, Onondaga and
* Accumulations... a foot or more of snow possible in the most
persistent lake effect snow bands.
* Timing... mainly after midnight Thursday night through Friday
* Impacts... heavy lake effect snow will lead to significant
accumulations of snow along with very poor visibilities at
times. This will result in very dangerous travel.
* Winds... west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Temperatures... in the mid 20s.
A lake effect snow watch means there is a potential for a large
amount of snow in only a few hours. Visibilities and depth of
snow can vary greatly... impacting travel significantly. Continue
to monitor the latest forecasts.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Onondaga Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Lake Effect Snow Watch
Issued: 3:57 AM EST Dec. 7, 2016 – National Weather Service