... Red flag warning remains in effect until 2 PM PDT this
afternoon for the Sierra front for strong winds and low
* changes... none.
* Affected area... fire zone 450 western Nevada Sierra front.
* Winds... southwest to west 15 to 25 mph with gusts between 30 and
45 mph into early afternoon. Wind gusts of 50 to 60 mph are
possible for wind-prone spots along the 395 corridor.
* Humidity... minimum 15-25%, increasing this afternoon with
* Duration... additional 2 to 5 hours.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity.
This is a particularly dangerous situation for the foothills and
wind-prone spots along the Highway 395 corridor, with strong
winds. New fires will grow rapidly out of control, in some cases
people may not be able to evacuate safely in time should a fire
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.Gov/Reno for
updates and livingwithfire.Info for preparedness tips.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Greater Reno-Carson City-Minden Area Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 5:50 AM PDT Sep. 16, 2019 – National Weather Service