... Lake Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 PM PDT
* changes: none.
* Lakes affected: Walker.
* Winds: west to northwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph
from mid-afternoon into the evening Tuesday through
Thursday. Winds will drop off considerably overnight through
* Small boats, kayaks and paddle boards will be prone to
capsizing and should remain off lake waters until conditions
Check lake conditions before heading out and be prepared for a
sudden increase in winds and wave heights. Consider postponing
boating activities on the lake until a day with less wind.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Mineral and Southern Lyon Counties Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Lake Wind Advisory
Issued: 9:14 AM PDT Jun. 26, 2019 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 9:06 AM PDT Jun. 25, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am Wednesday to 11 PM PDT
Thursday for gusty winds and low humidity for Mineral and southern
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a red flag
warning for gusty winds and low humidity, which is in effect from
11 am Wednesday to 11 PM PDT Thursday.
* Affected area... fire zone 459 Mineral and southern Lyon counties
below 6000 feet.
* Winds... west to southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts 30 to 40 mph
each afternoon Wednesday and Thursday. Winds will diminish
overnight except on ridges and some mid-slopes.
* Humidity... 6 to 14 percent.
* Duration... 3 to 7 hours each afternoon.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity, mainly in
locations with dry fine fuels, grasses, and shrubs.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.Gov/Reno for
updates and livingwithfire.Info for preparedness tips.