... High Wind Warning in effect from 2 am to 5 PM MST Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a High
Wind Warning, which is in effect from 2 am to 5 PM MST Saturday.
The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Location... Central Highlands and south central mountains,
Guadalupe, Quay, Curry, Roosevelt, De Baca, Chaves, and eastern
* Winds... sustained 35 to 50 mph with gusts up to 60 or 65 mph.
* Timing... starting over the higher terrain between midnight and
3 am Saturday morning, then spreading over the lower
elevations early Saturday morning. Winds to reach peak speeds
around sunrise Saturday through midday before slowly tapering
off by 5 PM MST.
* Visibility... locally reduced in areas of blowing dust or snow.
* Local impacts... strong Crosswinds will produce hazardous if
not dangerous driving conditions along north-to-south oriented
roadways, including U.S highways 54, 70, 84, and 285. Wind
damage could occur to small structures with light weight
objects potentially becoming airborne.
Remember, a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Roosevelt County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 2:34 PM MST Feb. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service