... High wind watch in effect from Saturday morning through
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a high
wind watch, which is in effect from Saturday morning through
* Location... south central mountains, eastern Lincoln County,
northeast Highlands and eastern San Miguel County.
* Winds... west 25 to 40 mph with gusts to 55 or 60 mph.
* Timing... winds will begin to strengthen early Saturday morning,
then become more widespread through midday. The strong winds
should decrease by early evening.
* Visibility... reduced visibilities in patchy blowing dust will
* Local impacts... drivers of high profile vehicles may
experience difficult driving conditions. Strong and
potentially dangerous Crosswinds will impact north to south
Remember, a high wind watch means conditions are favorable for a
potentially damaging high wind event in and close to the watch
area. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph
or more can lead to property damage. Monitor the latest forecasts
at weather.Gov/abq, listen to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
South Central Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Watch
Issued: 2:53 PM MST Feb. 15, 2019 – National Weather Service