... High wind watch remains in effect from Thursday morning
through Thursday afternoon...
* location... portions of central, east central, and southeastern
* Winds... west 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 60 mph Thursday.
* Timing... winds will increase tonight and early Thursday
morning, peaking from the late morning through the afternoon,
then subsiding in the early evening.
* Visibility... may be locally reduced to 3 miles in blowing dust.
* Local impacts... drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high-profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution,
especially on north to south oriented highways.
Remember, a high wind watch means conditions are favorable for a
potentially damaging high wind event in and close to the watch
area. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph
or more can lead to property damage. Monitor the latest forecasts
at weather.Gov/abq, listen to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
South Central Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Watch
Issued: 6:01 PM MST Feb. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service