... High Wind Warning in effect from 6 PM this evening to 7 PM MST
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a High
Wind Warning... which is in effect from 6 PM this evening to 7 PM
MST Tuesday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Location... this includes south central mountains... southwest
Chaves County... and eastern Lincoln County.
* Winds... southwest at 35 to 45 mph with gusts of 60 to 65 mph
tonight... shifting to the west at similar speeds Tuesday.
* Timing... winds will increase late this afternoon... continue
tonight into Tuesday afternoon... before diminishing Tuesday
* Visibility... locally reduced in blowing snow.
* Local impacts... strong cross winds are expected on north to
south oriented roadways. Loose and lightweight objects will
become lofted. Downed tree limbs and powerlines are also
Remember... a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
South Central Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 3:03 PM MST Jan. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service