... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 5 am MST
* snow accumulations..3 to 5 inches at elevations near or below
7500 feet with 5 to 9 inches possible over the higher terrain.
Locally higher amounts possible.
* Timing... snow will continue intermittently today... before
intensifying this evening. Snow should begin to taper off early
* Winds... west sustained at 15 to 25 mph with gusts near 35 mph.
Stronger sustained winds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts near 50 mph
possible over ridgetops and exposed areas today.
* Snow levels... temperatures will be cold enough for snow at all
locations this morning but may rise near 7500 feet this
afternoon. Snow levels are expected to quickly lower again this
* Local impacts... roads may become snowpacked and icy... such as
State Highway 38 from Red River to Eagle Nest and Highway 64
from Taos to Angel Fire. Areas of reduced visibilities in
blowing snow will add to the hazardous travel conditions.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
visibilities will be restricted due to a combination of falling
and blowing snow.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 4:54 AM MST Jan. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service