... High Wind Warning in effect from 6 PM this evening to 4 PM MST
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a High
Wind Warning... which is in effect from 6 PM this evening to 4 PM
MST Sunday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Location... Central Mountain chain and east Central Highlands.
* Winds... west 35 to 50 mph with gusts up to 70 mph.
* Timing... very strong winds will develop tonight and peak during
the morning on Sunday before decreasing by the noon hour.
* Visibility... may be limited to less than one mile in blowing
snow in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and high peaks of the
Sandia and Manzano Mountains.
* Local impacts... dangerous Crosswinds will impact north to south
oriented roads. A few trees... power poles and flimsy structures
may topple. Unsecured objects may become airborne or blow
Remember... a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 2:49 PM MST Dec. 10, 2016 – National Weather Service