... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 2 PM this
afternoon to midnight MST tonight...
* what... snow expected. Plan on slippery Road conditions,
including during the evening commute. Damage to trees and
power lines is possible. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 4
inches are expected.
* Where... west slopes Sacramento Mountains below 7500 feet,
Sacramento Mountains above 7500 feet and east slopes
Sacramento Mountains below 7500 feet.
* When... 2 PM to midnight. The heaviest snowfall rates will
occur between 5 PM and 11 PM this evening.
* Additional details... look for reduced visibilities at times.
Cold wind chills as low as 5 below zero will cause frostbite
in as little as 30 minutes to exposed skin.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest Road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Sacramento Mountains Above 7500 Feet Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 7:16 AM MST Feb. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 3:11 AM MST Feb. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to 6 am MST
The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has
issued a Wind Advisory, which is in effect from 3 PM this
afternoon to 6 am MST Saturday.
* Timing... winds will increase in the afternoon with strong
* Winds... winds will have sustained speeds near 30 mph with gusts
from 40 to 50 mph.
* Impacts... the winds will create hazardous driving conditions
especially for high profile vehicles. Blowing dust or blowing
rain and snow may lower the visibility to under a mile over a
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.