Blizzard Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
6:48 PM CST
National Weather Service
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until midnight CST
... Blizzard Warning remains in effect from midnight tonight to
6 PM CST Tuesday...
* timing... snowfall through this evening. Blizzard conditions
developing overnight and continuing through Tuesday afternoon.
* Snowfall... accumulations between 7 and 10 inches.
* Winds/visibility... gusts to 50 mph with near zero visibilities
in blowing snow late tonight through Tuesday afternoon.
Visibilities will be worst in rural areas.
* Impacts... dangerous... if not impossible travel.
* Wind chills... to 20 below zero Tuesday.
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions... making travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If
you must travel... have a winter survival kit with you. If you get
stranded... stay with your vehicle.